Even though generally speaking I don't like the Phantom, I'll make an exception for thisone. I've had this in my stash for a long time and it's about time I got going.
A nice decalsheet, excellent decals by the way, not the thick stuff.
Not to forget: a second sheet with stars in all kinds of sizes
And 4 full color drawings for placement. Unfortunately, no mention of the order in which to place them, as they will be 3-4 layers thick in places.
Then the black plastic
with nice surface detail.
And then we start off by spraying the cockpit in grey and adding 10 decals:
Fit that into the fuselage halve and glue the whole front end together. Again, fantastic fit.
This one will be wheels-up, so all the wheelbays were closed up. Again, excellent fit.
And before I realize, we've arrived at this point:
Time for a little masking!
And then, the first noticable seam:
And by the end of the day, this is where we stand:
Tomorrow, a primer coat to see if there's parts that need fixing.
Meanwhile, I also put together the stand, one of the Bandai Action Bases designed for their Gundam kits.
And with the Phantom in place:
Until next time.