F-89 D/J Scorpion
Revell
1:72
kit no: 04848
build time: November 1 2015 - December 5 2015


Well, so far not good.

After the last update I fixed some minor issues, it's a good kit, and started on the paintjob. First some white primer



Then the AK black base

Which looked decent, but in the photo's I can see some orange peel.



Then the AK polished aluminum.





It looked fine. But that's it. Not the great luster I had hoped for and I saw in Phil's F-104. Decent, no better. Oh well, perhaps next time. So time to mask off after 2 days drying to hit some panels with white aluminum.

Well, don't know what I did wrong, but masking didn't go as planned. it didn't take it all off, but definitely a lot. Enough to show. *sigh*

Onto the red.  Which didn't go as bright red as I'd hoped, and even more paint peeling.





And this last bit of masking went on 4 days after the aluminum.

Strange though - the polished aluminum suffers, the white aluminum does not.

I'll finish this one and give it some dirt washes to hide the fiasco. Maybe it'll turn out halfway decent.


previous pagenext page